Saturday, November 5, 2011

Album Review: Dead and Divine - Antimacy







Album:  Antimacy
Band:  Dead and Divine
Release Date:  August 2011











I did mention before Dead and Divine (see my D&D blog) is one of my favourite bands so it's a convenient time for me to unveil my new blog article, Album Reviews, beginning with Antimacy.  Antimacy is Dead and Divine's fourth full length album and in my opinion does not live up to the standard set by the third album The Machines We Are (TMWA).  Don't get me wrong there are some amazing songs and I do like the album overall and still listen to it.  However TMWA just set the bar really high and its a tough task for any artist to keep topping their previous work.

There are some great songs on this album and whether or not you are already of fan of this band you should check them out.  Start out with the opening track "Asphyxia Fiend" which has a crazy guitar intro ans sets a fast pace for the rest of the album.

Next listen to "Antimacy" and "Carcinoma" which both have catchy and powerful chorus'.

Finally, "Nothing Is Alright" which is a purely instrumental track that makes you think Dead and Divine should make more instrumentals.

Rating:  8 of 10

You can sample the album at these sites. Note that these links may not work long after this post was made.

www.antimacy.com
www.grooveshark.com/Antimacy
www.youtube.com/Antimacy

No comments:

Post a Comment