Monday, October 24, 2011

Dead and Divine






Origin:  Burlington, Ontario
Genre:  Metal
Recent Release:  Antimacy








Alright, you may or may not have already heard of this band. Dead and Divine is my favorite Canadian Metal band and one of my favorite Metal bands overall. Their songs have very good rhythms which mix vocal yelling (not senseless screaming) with more traditional Rock like singing. They also throw in some variety providing some pure instrumental songs and some very soft slow songs (almost acoustic like). I like them because they are a Metal band that doesn't hit you too hard, but also a Rock band that will blow your socks off. They've released a handful of albums so far and I haven't been disappointed yet.

Normally I don't make a big deal out of lyrics, but when you carefully listen to Dead and Divine's you'll notice they are actually meaningful and almost profound; usually relating to drugs or love.

Since Dead and Divine is so diverse in their songs I will give you a taste of this. Right off the bat, the first song you MUST listen to before all is "Teeth" which is my favorite by far. It is a song that transcends their sound and the genre. "Creature", "Third Times The Charm, Right?", and "Professional Cinderella". For the softer affair check out "Something I've Rehearsed".

http://www.myspace.com/deadanddivine
http://www.facebook.com/deadanddivine

No comments:

Post a Comment