Sunday, September 19, 2010

Le Kraken




Origin:  Montreal, Quebec
Genre:  Metal / Hardcore
Recent Release:  Exalt













Angry, raw, loud, gritty, and French (or at least I think it's French)? These are 4 or 5 words I would use to describe Le Kraken. Here is another heavy metal band not for the faint at heart. They pull off some intense sounds and metal screaming. Now if it were possible to make out the words to whatever he was saying I would let you know if lyrics are French or English. My guess is both.

"Archipel" and "Palimpseste" are two of my favourite songs from the Exalt album. They are both powerful and dark but also bring a great beat that just makes you want to head bang. "Aparte" is a cool instrumental song acting almost like an intermission between the first and second half of the album. Check this song out if you're not into the heavier affair.

http://www.myspace.com/krakenrockmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment